Clients who most enjoy working with us are Entrepreneurs and Executives and near retirees. Through years of experience we understand your challenges, risks, and unique opportunities.
Our proprietary SecureWealth process provides you with a roadmap to meet your goals. As your life and goals change we’ll adjust your plan as needed. We evaluate key areas of your financial life to ensure you are protected, your family is cared for, and your wealth is growing. The process is comprehensive so you know that nothing has been neglected or missed. By addressing all of your financial challenges and risks you can pursue the hobbies, passions, and relationships that are most important to you.
Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
If you’re an entrepreneur we know how busy you are. You’ve worked hard for a long time and struggled to make each payroll, serve your customers, deal with competitors and take care of your people. Your business is your largest and most important asset but you may have neglected your personal planning while you’ve focused on building your business. You need a trusted and experienced advisor to make sure your finances are in good order and everything is working together. We come alongside you to ensure your business will run if something happens to you or a business partner, is protected from disagreements or problems with business partners, and isn’t creating unnecessary risks. This gives you peace of mind that your business is protected from the unexpected. Then we secure your personal finances by helping you minimize taxes, plan for the sale of your business and retirement, ensure your spouse is fully engaged in your finances, prepare your children to handle family wealth, create an investment plan for your assets to grow, and protect your loved ones and assets.
We specialize in helping owners sell their businesses when they are ready. Our proprietary process walks you through the entire journey so that you can enjoy the rewards of your hard work and spend time with your loved ones.
- Defining what you want in order to enjoy your lifestyle
- Determining what your business is worth and how to maximize the value to you
- Helping you decide whether to sell or continue building your business
- Working with your CPA to minimize taxes during the transaction and transfer wealth to your loved ones with minimal transfer taxes
- Engaging an M&A attorney and Investment Banker
- Coordinating each step of the sale to avoid surprises
- Investing the proceeds for you to enjoy your lifestyle
- Preparing your children to be stewards of the family wealth
Executives and Senior Managers
As you’ve become more successful your finances have likely become more complex. At first it was decisions about what kind of house to buy and mortgage to carry and setting up your 401(k). Then you took on more responsibility and opportunities with options, restricted stock, phantom stock, offers to buy equity, Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans (SERPs) and Deferred compensation. Things became more complicated and difficult to track. You likely have a large exposure to your company stock that may be illiquid. At SilverCrest Wealth Planning we have experience with incentive-based compensation plans and the unique planning issues that successful business leaders face. We help you understand the unique risks and rewards of equity ownership and create a plan for you. Here are some of the questions we help our clients address:
- How can I maximize the value of my options, restricted stock or other executive compensation benefits without taking on too much risk?
- What’s my long-term plan for retirement?
- How much of my company stock should I own or be exposed to? I trust my company more than the broader market.
- What’s the best way to reduce my exposure to my company’s stock?
- Should I participate in deferred compensation? If so, how much? What are the risks?
- My company has a defined pension plan option. How does this affect how much I should save for retirement?
- Should I invest alongside the private equity firm or fund that owns our company?
- Should I buy a vacation home, boat or plane? Can I afford them? Use cash or borrow?
You’ve saved and invested for years and are now thinking about stepping away from work. How should you make that transition? Do you have enough? Can you follow that dream you’ve been considering? Research shows that the five years before retirement and the first five years of retirement are critical in your financial life. At this phase a number of critical decisions await that can permanently affect the quality of your retirement. At SilverCrest Wealth Planningwe have years of experience helping clients prepare for and enjoy their retirement. Some of the questions we help clients answer is:
- Do I have enough to retire and enjoy the lifestyle I want?
- What is the best way to retire? All at once or over time?
- How can I best maintain my health during retirement?
- How do I invest in order to comfortably retire and remain comfortably retired?
- How much risk should I take in my portfolio before and during retirement?
- How can I ensure my spouse is prepared and fully aware of all of our financial plans?
- What’s the best way for me to claim social security and pension benefits?
- How should I tap my 401(k), IRA, and personal investments during retirement?
- How can I minimize taxes during retirement?
- What should I do with my vacation home or second home?
- How should we plan for incapacity and making sure our loved ones are well cared for?
- How much financial help, if any, should I provide to my adult children?
- Can we create an inheritance plan that brings our family together rather than create conflict?